Thursday, January 22, 2015

Science Semester Two Goal Setting

Learning Habits

    • Area of Strength: Responsability
    • Area of Weakness: Risk-taker

Area of Strength - How will you use this characteristic to effectively meet your goal?
Area of Weakness - How will you work on this area to effectively meet your goal?
I believe that one area in which I am successful is responsibility. I always complete my formative assessments and keep my material organized, which helps me when I need to study for a test.





I feel that I don't take risks as often as I should because I am scared of stepping out of my comfort zone. I want to work on this area by doing things I normally wouldn't do, and try working with people that can help me with this.

Comments:


Academics:
    • Area of Strength: Taking notes My grade goal: 87
    • Area of Weakness: Tests
What I need to do:
Areas of strength- How will you use this characteristic to effectively meet your goal?
Areas of weaknesses
How will you work on this area to effectively meet your goal?
I find that taking notes is really easy for me, because they are short yet complete. This can help me meet my goal because in order to do better in tests and other summative assessments I need to use my notes.







I need to work on my test taking skills, and I'm going to do this by studying with more anticipation, instead of leaving it for the night before. I will also come up with new strategies so learning the information can be easier for me.




Comments:

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    You know yourself very well in terms of how you learn and study. I'm looking forward to seeing how you push yourself in class to come out of your comfort zone and take more risks. Have you though about what that would look like during class? Do you mean with how you ask questions, who you work with, looking up information on your own? Think of one or two things that you can do during lessons and stick to doing them.

    Miss C

    ReplyDelete